If you own or manage a manufacturing facility, you already know regular industrial cleaning is important. It is also true that the last thing you want is for facility or equipment cleaning to disrupt business or stop work. That is why it is important to hire professional cleaners who “get it” and work around your schedule and your needs to help improve your bottom line. After all, time lost equals dollars lost. When planning your industrial cleaning schedule for maximum productivity, there are a few things to consider.
What to Know About Cleaning’s Impact on Business Operations
When to Complete Your Industrial Cleaning
Cleaning needs and times vary by type of facility, product manufacturing schedule, and facility hours of operation. Depending on your needs, you may schedule cleaning:
- During normal operations: It is possible to work with an industrial cleaning crew who can get the job done during normal facility operations. Our custom space containment service will allow this to occur.
- During holiday or weekend closure: If your plant closes on holidays or weekends, that is a great time to get your industrial cleaning and facility maintenance done. Your contractor can help you schedule these cleanings throughout the year so that everything looks great and remains free of hazard, contamination and FOD (foreign object debris). Our experience working off hours will ensure the task is complete on time.
- During a scheduled shutdown: Business units will not want their operations interrupted. We will prepare for each task and operate the way you require during this compressed time frame, to guarantee your business units are operational when they return.
Our industrial cleaning professionals and project managers have you in mind at every turn, and can work around your schedule.
Benefits of Containment for Your Cleaning Project
If you need to have industrial cleaning done during your normal hours of operations, it is time to create a containment strategy that:
- Meets all recommended health and safety standards.
- Creates a barrier that minimizes your employees’ distraction while they are on the job.
- Prevents spread of all dust and debris from the containment site to other areas of your facility.
- Prevents fire hazards and maintains cleaning team and facility employees’ safety.
- Is easily portable so that it can be taken down and moved throughout your site.
We can create a containment strategy that works for your facility infrastructure and for your industry specific health and safety requirements. Containment is useful in any industrial or commercial setting, and is especially valuable in industries whose products and manufacturing processes are highly susceptible to contamination (agriculture, health care, aerospace, technology, etc.).
Considering Painting? Cleaning Comes First
Industrial cleaning should be planned according to your industry guidelines and the amount of foot and equipment traffic throughout your facility, as well as frequency of equipment use. But do not forget that before any paint is applied (or reapplied) to any surface or equipment in your facility, the surface needs to be thoroughly cleaned. That way, no unseen contaminants or bond-breakers are lurking beneath an otherwise beautiful paint job.
Kaloutas can schedule and complete facility or equipment cleaning jobs anytime, without work stoppage. Our team will work according to your schedule, your health and safety protocol, and your security requirements. Whatever your cleaning, containment, or facility maintenance needs, we work how you work! Contact us today to request an industrial cleaning estimate.