Making the Most of Your Plant’s Shutdown - Industrial Maintenance Ideas
Regardless of the size of your facility, a scheduled shutdown is undeniably an investment of both time and money, particularly because of the loss of production. At the same time, it’s also a window of opportunity that is incredibly worthwhile.
The key is to make sure that you can make the very most of the shutdown, ensuring that the greatest positive impact is made. This kind of maintenance is never a waste, but rather a direct investment in the health and lifespan of your property.
Have You Considered…
- Make a detailed plan — Think through those aspects of your property that need attention, and use that information to create a checklist of all that you want this shutdown to accomplish.
- Align yourself with the right professionals — Take the time to research the trade professionals that you will be working with. It’s critical to find experienced, knowledgeable teams that are not only efficient, but also willing to work in and around the schedule of everyone else at work.
- Flooring — Caring for your industrial flooring is not only beneficial for the safety and longevity of your property, but doing so during a shutdown ensures that you won’t need to try and complete a major repair while your plant is active.
- Painting - While a professional can creatively find ways to work during production time, painting and maintaining equipment while it is out of use is always the most ideal option.
- Industrial cleaning — From dust removal to degreasing, industrial-strength cleaning is a critical element of property maintenance. Beyond cleaning alone, it also allows you to inspect your equipment and find damage or leaks that might have been hiding under debris.
Are You Looking for an Industrial Flooring Professional?
The Kaloutas’s industrial flooring division team is here and ready to help. We would be happy to answer any maintenance questions you might have, or discuss our wide variety of custom flooring systems.
Kaloutas is New England’s premier contractor for commercial & industrial painting, flooring, and related services. Established in 1987, Kaloutas has become a trusted resource for general contractors, facilities managers, and building owners from Connecticut to Maine. Our team prides itself on high quality workmanship, jobs done on time & budget, and tackling complex projects that other contractors don’t have the experience or resources to handle. Contact us today for a painting or flooring estimate, or give us a call at 978−532−1414 to learn more.