Why Professional Painters Decrease Costs and Liability
You know painting maintenance for your commercial space is important. But it can sometimes be tempting to take matters into your own hands and do it yourself in the name of getting the job done quickly and keeping costs low.
The truth is, a DIY approach to painting the interior or exterior of your office building or industrial space is often more costly, both in the short-term and in the long run. Hiring a professional painting contractor is more likely to keep both costs and liability lower over time, making it a better investment in your business.
Unintended Costs of DIY
You may have paint and primer for a DIY job in your budget, but there are unintended costs that come with doing commercial painting jobs in-house – even for patch jobs.
- Work interruptions: Unless you have your own dedicated team of painters, someone’s work is going to be interrupted throughout the time spent painting your business.
- Mistakes: Mistakes in how the surface is prepped and primed, whether or not it’s dried properly or completely between applications, and lack of evenness in application are some of the most common causes of preventable painting maintenance. These mistakes could result in further work stoppage and more spending down the line since painting budgets typically don’t account for the time, money, and manpower that it costs to correct mistakes.
- Knowledge Gaps: Even if your maintenance or janitorial team knows basic paint application techniques, they may not have the insider knowledge it takes to find the best coatings and surface treatment for your unique field and industry requirements.
- Quick Fixes: A quick fix or patch job done in-house is less likely to match the color, finish, and overall integrity of your existing paint job. That makes a poor impression on employees, customers, and clients. Plus, discoloration or misapplication could cause bigger problems down the road, such as cracks and blisters on the surface, or moisture damage.
Professional Painters Can Help
Hiring professional painters is the easiest way to avoid the problems and hassles of DIY painting. Professional painters understand the root causes behind many of the painting issues you see on the surface. They know how to solve problems with paint finishes and how to lower the chances that those issues will happen again. They can recommend leveling techniques, antimicrobial and antifungal paints, and more to keep your employees safe.
- Expertise: Professional painters must meet rigorous standards for painting certifications and credentials, so their knowledge base (and their best practices for health and safety) stay current. Working with a contractor you trust keeps your facility and your employees safer and healthier in the long run.
- Insurance: Since professional painters are insured and under contract with your business, the obligation of completing a safe, high-quality, and long-lasting paint job is primarily theirs. You can focus on doing business and serving your customers, while professional painters take care of the rest.
- Flexibility: Painting professionals can work around your schedule so that getting their job done won’t interfere with your doing business.
- Ongoing Maintenance: Depending on which painter you work with, and the terms of your contract, your painting team could be available to plan and complete ongoing painting maintenance. This is a great way to extend the overall life of your office interior or exterior paint job, so it’s less likely you’ll need an unexpected and costly painting overhaul down the road.
Working with Kaloutas means your painting or maintenance project gets done with a zero-work-stoppage guarantee. Request your industrial or commercial painting estimate, or give us a call to get answers to all your project questions.
Kaloutas is New England’s premier contractor for commercial & industrial painting, flooring, and related services. Established in 1987, Kaloutas has become a trusted resource for general contractors, facilities managers, and building owners from Connecticut to Maine. Our team prides itself on high quality workmanship, jobs done on time & budget, and tackling complex projects that other contractors don’t have the experience or resources to handle. Contact us today for a painting or flooring estimate, or give us a call at 978−532−1414 to learn more.