Did you know we have painted in every Whole Foods Market location in New England?
Each painting project carries its own set of unique challenges and considerations. That’s why we always emphasize the three C’s of commercial painting: coordination, communication, and containment. Every aspect of the project needs to be based in strategy, clearly articulated, and timed perfectly.
This was especially true in the case of this Whole Foods Market in Hadley, MA. It was definitely time to refresh and update the interior paint, but the work needed to be done in a way that wouldn’t negatively impact their sales and flow of operation.
We were ready for the challenge!
How We Paint Supermarkets
Painting in a Fully-Operational Supermarket
What was our painting strategy for this busy supermarket?
- Nighttime Painting — We worked during off-hours.
- Daily Cleanup — Our team thoroughly cleaned up each morning after they completed their work, eliminating any sign that we had been there. If we had to move product in order to paint, we put it back exactly as we found it.
- Coordination with Managers — As we progressed through the store, we worked closely with each department manager.
We ran into one other unique challenge that is worth mentioning. Our paint was a low-VOC, zero-odor product, but there was one employee whose chemical sensitivity was such that even this environmentally-friendly paint posed a potential threat. Using her work schedule as a guide, we made sure to never paint in her department the night before her shift.
Commercial Interior Painting
We’ve touched on our process and strategy, but how about the actual surfaces we transformed?
- The first steps involved carefully removing signs and graphics from the walls.
- The walls and soffits were patched and sanded, creating a healthy, smooth surface for the new paint to call home.
- Priming was the next step! For those walls that experienced the most drastic color changes, we used a tinted primer to ease the transition and ensure top-quality coverage.
- Having prepped and primed the surfaces, we painted the walls, soffits, ceilings, doors, frames, and columns.
Need a Commercial Painter in the Greater Boston Area?
The Kaloutas team is here and ready to serve — contact us today to discuss your project goals and vision! As we discussed above, we can adapt to any special considerations, timelines, or challenges that your work might require.