We like to emphasize what we call the “Three C’s” of commercial painting: communication, coordination, and containment. Painting in our industry often involves close collaboration with other trades as facilities are built, expanded, or repurposed, and it is essential that we do so without slowing down any other players in the process.
This project in Waltham was no exception! An 8‑story, brand new facility had just been built, and we were contracted to provide a variety of services as the space was prepped for the first tenant.
Let’s take a quick tour of the work we completed! Be sure to click through the slideshow above as well.
Services Offered by Kaloutas
Interior and Exterior Commercial Painting
- Walls and Ceiling — We used Sherwin Williams’ Promar 200, a durable, environmentally-friendly interior paint.
- Painting Exposed Concrete — This particular surface was found in the parking garage, and we used Loxon Vertical Concrete Stain, also from SW.
- Painting Hollow Metal Doors and Frames — Because of the slick nature of the metal surface, we used a specialized direct-to-metal product from SW.
- 8‑Story Stair Towers — The same interior painting products were used here as well.
Choosing and Installing a Floor System for a Commercial Kitchen
Kitchens work hard in the best of circumstances, but in a commercial kitchen the demands are taken to a new level. To meet both the functional and aesthetic needs of the space, we installed a Dur-A-Flex Poly-Crete, Urethane Cement System with a Colorfast topcoat.
Rugged, attractive, and resistant to thermal shock, it’s an ideal flooring solution.
If that doesn’t have you convinced, here are a few other noteworthy attributes:
- Environmentally-friendly and zero-VOC
- Slip-resistant surface
- Chemical and stain-resistant
- Rapid “Return to Service” performance
High-Performance Wall Systems
Flooring is important for obvious reasons, but it’s also important to consider the functionality of your wall system.
In this kitchen space where heavy duty cleaning and exposure to extremes is part of life, we skipped the standard FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) option that often contain seams where moisture can become trapped. We instead installed a General Polymers Saniglaze High-Build Wall System. This rugged, multi-layer system inhibits the growth of mold and mildew (and increases sanitation) by not providing any gaps where contaminants can collect.
Are You Looking for a Commercial Paint and Flooring Professional in MA?
The Kaloutas team is here and ready to help! It would be our pleasure to provide insight based on our experience, leading you to the perfect systems for your property.