For many of our industrial and commercial painting clients, antimicrobial floor coatings are a necessary feature of their business. From restaurant kitchens to laboratory testing rooms, all kinds of facilities need quality floor coatings that will resist the growth of bacteria and fungi. That’s why we at Kaloutas devote special attention to antimicrobial and other specialized floor coatings.
What to Know About Antimicrobial Floors
How Do Antimicrobial Floor Coatings Work?
For a floor coating to effectively resist bacterial and fungal growth, it needs to be non-porous and seamless. Epoxy or urethane-based antimicrobial coatings are exactly that, not allowing the undesirable organisms a safe place to hide. Also, this type of coating has biostatic effects built into them, which kill fungi like mold and mildew, as well as yeast, algae and bacteria. Because these antimicrobial properties are designed to be slow-releasing, they will continue to kill microorganisms for the life of the flooring product.
Why Install Antimicrobial Floor Coatings?
- For many industries, antimicrobial flooring is required by the USDA and/or the FDA.
- Epoxy and Urethane-based floor systems are quickly installed and long-lasting.
- They are food-safe, non-allergenic and benign to both humans and animals.
- Antimicrobial floors are easy to clean and hold up well to repeated, vigorous cleaning.
What Kinds of Industries Commonly Use Antimicrobial Floor Coatings?
Any facility where cleanliness is vital is a good place to use antimicrobial flooring.
- Food & Beverage Processing Plants
- Medical Facilities
- Animal Care / Veterinary Clinics
- School Cafeterias
- Pharmaceutical Labs
For all kinds of commercial and industrial painting, Kaloutas is your premium choice. We emphasize customer relationships, making sure we understand your needs and expectations. Whether you need antimicrobial floor coatings, interior painting, sandblasting or any other commercial painting services, we promise to deliver superior results on a reliable timeframe.
- Interior Painting
- Exterior Painting
- Sponge Blasting
- Environmental Coatings
- Fireproof Coatings
- Whiteboard Painting
- Structural Steel Painting
- Anti-Corrosion Coatings
- Industrial Cleaning
- Graffiti Removal & Prevention
- Elastomeric Waterproof Coatings
- Multi-Color Coatings
- Electrostatic Painting
- Line Striping
- And More!