Cleaning and Painting Rooftop Mechanical Penthouses in Worcester, MA
We were recently contracted to clean and paint two metal mechanical penthouses located on the roof of a mercantile center in downtown Worcester, MA.
While every commercial and industrial painting project requires a custom approach, this particular job called for some especially unique solution-based creativity.
Join us for a closer look!
What Factors Did We Have To Consider for the Rooftop Cleaning?
Factor #1 — Downtown Location
Working on a rooftop in busy downtown Worcester called for extremely careful work with our sprayer. Project containment is a specialty of ours, however, allowing us to successfully protect the surrounding environment.
Factor #2 — The Facility’s HVAC and Ventilation System Needed to Be Shut Down
Why? Well, the mechanical penthouses we painted serve as the inlet for the building’s ventilation. Our solution to this issue was scheduling flexibility, working on the weekend when the facility was not in use.
Factor #3 — Weather Conditions
Having both experience and product knowledge is non-negotiable when it comes to wintertime exterior painting. With environmental demands and the less-than-friendly weather conditions in mind, we selected a phenomenal product from Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings line: COROTHANE I MIO-ALUMINUM.
The Perfect Urethane Coating for This Rooftop Metal Application
Why did we choose this particular coating?
- Awesome adhesion across a variety of substrates
- Corrosion-resistant (perfect for a rooftop in New England!)
- Extremely durable
- Specifically formulated to be able to adhere to and protect even metal that is weathered and tired
- Its aluminum and micaceous iron oxide create an advanced film strength
- Can be applied in temperatures as low as 20°F (-7°C) without compromising adhesion and curing integrity
- As an added bonus, it was a perfect color match!
Can We Answer Your Commercial and Industrial Painting Questions?
Your Kaloutas team is here to help and serve you, providing a solutions-based approach to your project goals. Contact us today!
Other Services Kaloutas Customers Are Searching for Include:
- exterior painting contractors central massachusetts
- concrete floors safety
- massachusetts painting contractors
- industrial flooring contractors
- exterior painting contractors worcester ma
- painting contractors central massachusetts
- interior painting contractors central massachusetts
- exterior industrial painter
- ipswich industrial flooring
- urethane mortar flooring contractors
Kaloutas is New England’s premier contractor for commercial & industrial painting, flooring, and related services. Established in 1987, Kaloutas has become a trusted resource for general contractors, facilities managers, and building owners from Connecticut to Maine. Our team prides itself on high quality workmanship, jobs done on time & budget, and tackling complex projects that other contractors don’t have the experience or resources to handle. Contact us today for a painting or flooring estimate, or give us a call at 978−532−1414 to learn more.