How Do You Care for a Concrete Floor? - Industrial Floor Maintenance Tips
Do Concrete Floors Require Maintenance?Concrete may be tough and versatile, but, like any surface, it isn’t completely maintenance-free. Ensuring moisture levels remain low and that floor coatings are updated is essential to the longevity of your flooring. To maintain a sustainable building with limited moisture issues, follow these steps:
5 Ways to Care for Your Concrete
- Seal or polish — You can learn more about the sealing and polishing processes here, as well as read an in-depth discussion in our past article, entitled: Should Concrete Sealing Be a Part of Your Floor Maintenance Routine? In short, these techniques help to protect your floor and create a more durable finish.
- Protect the surface — Whenever you can, put down rubber mats in high-traffic areas. This adds both extra traction for pedestrians and a layer of protection for your floors.
- Appropriate cleaners - Use only suitable, gentle cleaners on your concrete. A flooring expert near you can help with selecting the ideal product for your specific needs.
- Clean stains and spills immediately — Concrete does have a porous surface, so cleaning messes right away will help to eliminate the risk of stains and damage.
- Regular maintenance - Find a flooring professional that you trust, then invest in regular inspections, repairs, and care. Identifying and eliminating issues before they have a chance to grow is hugely worthwhile.
Are You Looking for a Quality Industrial Flooring Company in the Northeast?
The team here at Kaloutas’s industrial flooring division would love to be of service! Please take a moment to browse our services, learn a bit more about us, and then be sure to let us know how we can help you optimize your flooring situation.
Kaloutas is New England’s premier contractor for commercial & industrial painting, flooring, and related services. Established in 1987, Kaloutas has become a trusted resource for general contractors, facilities managers, and building owners from Connecticut to Maine. Our team prides itself on high quality workmanship, jobs done on time & budget, and tackling complex projects that other contractors don’t have the experience or resources to handle. Contact us today for a painting or flooring estimate, or give us a call at 978−532−1414 to learn more.