Industrial Rust Remediation and Rooftop Corrosion Control in Lynn, MA
Rooftops, ferrous metal, and salt fog exposure are a poor combination.
Mix these elements together and you’ve concocted the perfect recipe for structural corrosion, especially for those surfaces left unprotected.
This was the exact combination that a national aerospace manufacturer was experiencing at their nearby location in Lynn, MA. Deep corrosion had taken root within the structural steel substrate of their rooftop mezzanine.
Having provided various industrial painting services for this client before, we were chosen to play a role in this massive rust remediation initiative.
What to Expect from Rust Remediation Services
Special Considerations for This Rooftop Rust Remediation Project
Several elements added layers of complexity to this particular process:
- Our work needed to be closely coordinated with the other trades on the rooftop
- Collaboration with the facility’s engineering department
- We also needed to coordinate efforts and scheduling with the remediation and scaffold companies
- Safety needed to be a consistent priority because of the height, and nature, of our work
- Strict adherence to Environmental Health & Safety guidelines
And yes, with winter coming and a tight deadline set, all of this needed to be completed quickly and in a way that will easily withstand our hostile New England winters.
Rust Removal Service
Rust Removal Process and Products
Every enduring industrial painting process begins with thorough surface preparation. Establishing a sure foundation that guarantees successful adhesion is essential. If this first step is minimized or skipped, your paint or coating application, no matter how excellent, is limited to the strength of the surface it is bonded to.
Using both larger-scale mechanical equipment and hand tools, we tackled the process of creating a sound surface that was rust-free and ready for the new coating to come. Not only is this a labor-intensive step, but it also requires careful project containment and environmental considerations.
Which products did we select to provide the protection and transformation our client needed? The primer and topcoat below are part of the Industrial Corothane Moisture Cure Urethane System, offered by Sherwin-Williams.
- Primer — Corothane Mio Aluminum Industrial Primer
- Finish — Corothane HS Aliphatic Gloss Urethane Topcoat
This proven system offers numerous benefits, not the least of which include:
- A level of moisture resistance that makes it ideal for marine and coastal applications
- UV protection
- Can be applied and cured completely in temperatures as low as 20°F
- Abrasion resistance
- Enduring gloss and color retention
The project was a success, and we are happy to report that the structural steel on this rooftop is fully protected and looking better than ever. We are confident that this will continue to perform well, providing a practical ongoing solution.
Can We Answer Your Industrial Painting or Coating Questions?
It has been our pleasure to bring commercial and industrial painting and flooring expertise to New England since 1987. And, with locations in Stoughton, Worcester, and Peabody, MA, Providence, RI, and Nashua, NH, we aren’t far from you!
Contact us today with any questions you might have.
Other Services Kaloutas Customers Are Searching for Include:
- exterior painting contractors central massachusetts
- concrete floors safety
- massachusetts painting contractors
- industrial flooring contractors
- exterior painting contractors worcester ma
- painting contractors central massachusetts
- interior painting contractors central massachusetts
- exterior industrial painter
- ipswich industrial flooring
- urethane mortar flooring contractors
Kaloutas is New England’s premier contractor for commercial & industrial painting, flooring, and related services. Established in 1987, Kaloutas has become a trusted resource for general contractors, facilities managers, and building owners from Connecticut to Maine. Our team prides itself on high quality workmanship, jobs done on time & budget, and tackling complex projects that other contractors don’t have the experience or resources to handle. Contact us today for a painting or flooring estimate, or give us a call at 978−532−1414 to learn more.