Painting New and Existing Construction for a University in Durham, NH
We were recently contracted to assist with a unique and multifaceted commercial painting project in Durham, NH.
A local university had plans to complete both an addition and new construction in two major steps. Our role required tight coordination with the other trades and careful strategy as we worked toward their two distinct deadlines.
Phase 1 — Painting a New Pool House and Rec Center Addition
The first wave of construction involved building a new pool house and an addition to the 40-year-old rec center. With the school year in mind, as well as our New England winters, the deadline was set in stone for September.
Highlights of this phase for our team included:
- Painting all of the new exposed ceilings in the addition. These surfaces were 30 feet high at their lowest point, and required the use of multiple lifts to keep progress on-schedule. We accomplished this while not interrupting the other trades at work around us.
- We installed vinyl wallcoverings in the locker rooms and corridors
- Poolhouse CMU walls and exterior clapboards (Sherwin Williams’ Waterbased Catalyzed Epoxy was our product of choice)
Phase 2 — Rec Center Remodeling and Painting
As we touched on above, the existing rec center is 40 years old. To blend the rather stark line between the existing facility and the new addition, the university remodeled and updated the original space.
The result was really phenomenal, creating a cohesive, modern recreation center that better meets the needs of the school.
Surfaces painted and products used included:
- Exposed Ceilings — Sherwin Williams Waterborne Acrylic Dryfall
- General Walls and Ceilings - Sherwin Williams ProMar 200 Eggshell and ProMar 200 Flat
- General HM Doors and Frames — Sherwin Williams Pro Industrial DTM Semi-gloss
- Exposed Metal Stair Components — Sherwin Williams Pro Industrial DTM Semi-gloss
- Dry Erase Paint — IDEA Paint Pro
Let’s Discuss Your Commercial Painting Project!
Our team is here and ready to help. Contact us at Kaloutas today!
Other Services Kaloutas Customers Are Searching for Include:
- Commercial Painting in NH
- exterior painting contractors central massachusetts
- concrete floors safety
- massachusetts painting contractors
- industrial flooring contractors
- exterior painting contractors worcester ma
- painting contractors central massachusetts
- interior painting contractors central massachusetts
- exterior industrial painter
- ipswich industrial flooring
- urethane mortar flooring contractors
Kaloutas is New England’s premier contractor for commercial & industrial painting, flooring, and related services. Established in 1987, Kaloutas has become a trusted resource for general contractors, facilities managers, and building owners from Connecticut to Maine. Our team prides itself on high quality workmanship, jobs done on time & budget, and tackling complex projects that other contractors don’t have the experience or resources to handle. Contact us today for a painting or flooring estimate, or give us a call at 978−532−1414 to learn more.