Painting Your Business: How to Choose a Commercial Painter
If you’re a building owner, facility manager, or general contractor, you want to work with a commercial painting contractor who can meet your budget. But that’s not the only consideration. Your commercial painter should be able to meet your unique needs, and should never cut corners to get the job done right.
How to Choose the Right Commercial Painter
First Things First: Priorities and Scope
Before painting your office, do your homework by asking some of these important questions to find the right fit:
- What are their priorities? Are they are a residential painter who also paints commercial spaces, or do they focus on business interior and exterior painting? Their priorities will also give you clues to their unique expertise, and whether or not it’s a match for what your business needs.
- What’s the scope of your project? Do you need your business exterior painted, painting maintenance inside your office space, or both?
- Do you need graffiti removal, or specialized fixes to issues with your paint job? This could include cracking, peeling, or moisture intrusion, for example.
- Do your office interior or exterior spaces require specialized coatings or treatments (such as electrostatic coatings)?
- Does your painting contractor meet rigorous health and safety standards? Do they know how to meet the specific requirements of your industry?
Company Culture: Who Do You Want to Work With?
Even if a company is a good fit on paper, it’s important to know that you’ll have a good working relationship before bringing a painting contractor on board. See what you can learn about their company culture.
When you interview a painting contractor, ask about their values, their organizational structure, and what it’s like to work on their team. Learn about what their process is like. What can you expect as a client? What do you need to bring to the table?
Working with a commercial painter you trust makes all the difference. They will understand your goals, respect your budget, meet your timeline, and make every effort to get the job done without interfering with your schedule or harming your productivity.
Ongoing Planning and Support
While any painter is going to be committed to excellence in their work, companies have their own approach to project planning, troubleshooting, walkthroughs, and maintenance.
You can work with individual contractors for painting, maintenance, and cleaning, or you can work with one contractor to meet all those needs throughout the year. If you have gaps in your facility maintenance plan, or if you struggle with meeting all those needs in house, you can work with a company that provides ongoing painting, cleaning, and maintenance support throughout the year.
Working with Kaloutas means you work with a company with decades of experience in commercial painting, industry-specific cleaning, and facility maintenance. From our first meeting, we’ll be clear on your expectations, your budget, and your project timeline. We are committed to getting the job done with no work stoppage and to helping you keep your business running smoothly year-round. Request your commercial painting estimate today to find out what we can do for you.
Kaloutas is New England’s premier contractor for commercial & industrial painting, flooring, and related services. Established in 1987, Kaloutas has become a trusted resource for general contractors, facilities managers, and building owners from Connecticut to Maine. Our team prides itself on high quality workmanship, jobs done on time & budget, and tackling complex projects that other contractors don’t have the experience or resources to handle. Contact us today for a painting or flooring estimate, or give us a call at 978−532−1414 to learn more.