Which Kind of Flooring Is Best for Your Busy Supermarket?
In a supermarket there are two major, overarching factors to keep in mind as you look for the perfect flooring solution: style and function.
“Style” doesn’t only refer to picking trendy colors (although there’s nothing wrong with that), but also to consistently presenting your brand. You want patrons and visitors alike to quickly and easily recognize your unique image.
“Function,” on the other hand, is the ability to work hard, meeting the demands of your environment without complaint. After all, flooring failure can cause unhealthy, dangerous, and disruptive issues.
So, what is your flooring answer?
What Kind of Floors Are in Supermarkets?
Epoxy is the most common and best type of flooring for supermarkets. Here are some reasons epoxy flooring is the most popular type of flooring in supermarkets:
They’re very durable and able to hold up against shopping carts, heavy foot traffic, cleaning machinery, and other heavy equipment.
They’re easy to clean and maintain.
They don’t allow mold and mildew to become a major problem.
They’re aesthetically pleasing, giving a better shopping experience to your customers.
Epoxy Flooring Systems — A Blend of Style and Function
Epoxy floor systems are available in a wide variety of colors, and there are huge possibilities for customization thanks to the flake broadcasts that can be added. This creates a classy, textured finish.
From defining different departments to creating a stunning entrance area, epoxy systems literally have you covered.
Here are just a few of the functional benefits of an epoxy coating:
- Sanitary — Unlike the old floor tiles of yesteryear, epoxy doesn’t offer the crevices and cracks for moisture and contaminants to hide inside. Spills and dirt are kept right on the surface.
- Low-maintenance — Thanks to that non-absorbent surface we just mentioned, epoxy floors are very simple to clean and maintain. A basic mopping will bring the original shine right back.
- Tough — Impact-resistance is a wonderful quality to have, especially in those areas of your supermarket where foot traffic and the movement of dollies, equipment, or carts is nearly constant.
- Easy coverage — This system can cover concrete, metal, and even previously coated flooring.
- Non-slip — We know that the floors in many departments can get slick quickly, especially when there is routine floor washing, food preparation, and the rinsing of containers/dishes during daily operations.
- System options — Under the umbrella of “epoxy systems,” there are numerous specific options that can be selected.
We Can Help You Choose and Install Your Supermarket’s Flooring
Since every environment is a little different, our approach at Kaloutas’s industrial flooring division is to thoroughly discuss your needs and goals with you, help you navigate your flooring options, then put our application expertise to work.
Why not contact us today?
Kaloutas is New England’s premier contractor for commercial & industrial painting, flooring, and related services. Established in 1987, Kaloutas has become a trusted resource for general contractors, facilities managers, and building owners from Connecticut to Maine. Our team prides itself on high quality workmanship, jobs done on time & budget, and tackling complex projects that other contractors don’t have the experience or resources to handle. Contact us today for a painting or flooring estimate, or give us a call at 978−532−1414 to learn more.