Why Is a Bright Industrial Ceiling an Important, Practical Investment?
Our client in Wakefield, MA, had a very common problem on their hands. Or, more accurately, on their ceiling deck. Namely, the paint over their heads in this industrial workspace was dirty, dingy, and dark.
It was also a terrible banana-yellow, but that’s not the real focus here.
Our mission was to repaint the ceiling deck, erasing the yellow and replacing it with a bright, reflective color. As you can see in the photo above, this not only drastically modernized the space, but it also offered another powerful benefit.
Let’s take a closer look.
Choosing a Ceiling Deck Color that Works for Your Environment (not against it)
When your ceiling is dark and dirty it can result in a number of problems, from falling debris and product contamination to an unhealthy work environment for your team. If oil or solvent residue is coating the structure, you even can face the risk of fires from spontaneous combustion.
It also, however, literally absorbs the light in your work area.
This means that more lighting (and the subsequent expense) is required to counteract it, and that the efficiency that comes with working in a well-lit space is compromised.
A bright, clean ceiling, on the other hand, bounces light back down into your facility. It creates an effect similar to pulling a window shade open in a dark room: suddenly the light that was previously obscured can be put to use.
What Are the Benefits of a Bright Industrial Ceiling?
- Safety — As we mentioned above, a dark ceiling covered in old coatings, residue, and dust is a hazard-in-waiting.
- Lowers Energy Costs — Why pay for additional lighting that you shouldn’t necessarily need? Push the light back down that your dark ceiling is absorbing.
- Professional Appearance — Whether you are a property manager trying to attract tenants or an operations manager giving a client a tour, a fresh, clean appearance is crucial.
- Air Quality — Hot air tends to make issues with fumes/chemicals worse. If that residue we mentioned before is sitting in your ceiling structure being compounded in the heat, it creates a potentially unhealthy, toxic environment.
What Products Did We Use on This Ceiling?
Let’s get back to focusing on this particular industrial painting project in Wakefield. To totally refresh our client’s ceiling, we used the following products:
- Sherwin-Williams Dryfall — Easy to contain and efficient to apply, spraying dryfall paint is the ideal way to coat a ceiling deck. Take a look here to learn more about this product and method.
- Sherwin-Williams Promar 200 — This is a quality zero-VOC paint, creating a beautiful finish with little to no odor or fumes.
Can We Help You with Your Industrial Cleaning or Painting Project?
If you have any questions at all about our industrial or commercial painting services, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly. It would be our pleasure to talk with you!
And, be sure to ask about how we can meet your industrial cleaning needs as well. We would be happy to remove those dangerous layers of dust and residue from your ceilings.
Kaloutas is New England’s premier contractor for commercial & industrial painting, flooring, and related services. Established in 1987, Kaloutas has become a trusted resource for general contractors, facilities managers, and building owners from Connecticut to Maine. Our team prides itself on high quality workmanship, jobs done on time & budget, and tackling complex projects that other contractors don’t have the experience or resources to handle. Contact us today for a painting or flooring estimate, or give us a call at 978−532−1414 to learn more.