Are You Caring for Your Polished Concrete Floors the Right Way?
Why? Here are a few of the key benefits:
- Attractive, high-gloss, dust-free finish
- No coating application means that the turnaround time is speedy compared to other floor system installations
- Extremely durable, thanks to our treatment of the surface with a silicate based concrete densifier
The list above is fantastic, there’s no doubt about it. But, you may have noticed that we said “low-maintenance,” not “no maintenance.” Just as with any surface, investing the time in properly caring for your polished concrete floor will help it to deliver a maximum performance.
What Should Polished Concrete Maintenance Include?
The biggest risk that your floor faces is abrasion. You could really call it the kryptonite of a polished concrete surface, dulling and damaging the carefully-achieved shine. The good news, however, is that it’s relatively easy to minimize this damage, setting your floors up for a long and healthy life.
- Daily dry mopping of the surface with a microfiber mop is ideal, collecting any abrasive media.
- Clean up any spills quickly, avoiding permeation.
- If you use a wet mop on your polished concrete, use a neutral cleaning product (neither too acidic or too alkaline) to help suspend the dirt and dust without dulling the surface.
- Clean smaller sections at a time, ensuring that the cleaning product you use doesn’t stand too long and begin to dry. This systematic method is also helpful for making sure no spots are missed!
Talk To Your Industrial and Commercial Flooring Professional for More Information
Every environment is unique! We recommend talking to your flooring company, and discussing the benefits of a routine maintenance plan as well. Ongoing, preventative care is always the most cost-effective strategy, allowing budding issues and points of decay to be easily remedied.
Do you have a question about your facility’s flooring here in the Boston area? Contact us at Kaloutas! It would be our pleasure to serve you.
Other Services Kaloutas Customers Are Searching for Include:
- exterior painting contractors central massachusetts
- concrete floors safety
- massachusetts painting contractors
- industrial flooring contractors
- exterior painting contractors worcester ma
- painting contractors central massachusetts
- interior painting contractors central massachusetts
- exterior industrial painter
- ipswich industrial flooring
- urethane mortar flooring contractors
Kaloutas is New England’s premier contractor for commercial & industrial painting, flooring, and related services. Established in 1987, Kaloutas has become a trusted resource for general contractors, facilities managers, and building owners from Connecticut to Maine. Our team prides itself on high quality workmanship, jobs done on time & budget, and tackling complex projects that other contractors don’t have the experience or resources to handle. Contact us today for a painting or flooring estimate, or give us a call at 978−532−1414 to learn more.