Can Your Commercial Painter Handle an Aggressive Timeline?
One of our very top priorities here at Kaloutas is our client’s schedule. Unlike the residential world, where the availability and timeline is determined largely by the service provider, our commercial and industrial clients have a schedule that is already rolling. And, like a train that’s left the station, it really can’t be interfered with.
Our large team and diversity of service expertise allow us to fluidly adapt to these often rigorous scheduling needs. Using a creative, solutions-based approach, we do what it takes to make sure deadlines are met and operations are unhindered.
As a perfect example, let’s take a closer look at the commercial painting services we provided for this supermarket in Brighton, MA.
How Long Does a Commercial Painting Project Last?
If you’re wondering how long a commercial painting project lasts, it depends on interior commercial painting or exterior commercial painting to determine your timeline. With exterior painting, you must plan accordingly to the seasons and at the end of the day, you’re still at the mercy of the weather. However, with the right painting contractor, you will be able to plan the right timeframe for you and your business without affecting operations, yet maintaining safety standards for your employees and customers.
When implementing interior commercial painting, you must work with someone who understands the ins and outs of your business and building. A contractor who has a comprehensive understanding of how you work will be able to work around your schedule; days, nights, weekends, without disrupting operations. Though it depends on the size of your building and what you need redone, Kaloutas will assess these things to determine timeframe:
Needed repair before repainting
Type of building and operations and what type of paint will standup against daily wear and tear
The current season and how it’ll affect repairs and paint drying
Necessary maintenance before paint can be applied
Interior Commercial Painting with a Tight Deadline in Massachusetts
There were a couple of factors at play that made careful project planning, flexibility, and coordination essential:
- Extremely Tight Deadline — Our client’s interior renovations were based on a fast-moving schedule.
- The Presence of Other Trades — This is a fairly routine occurrence for us, but in this case there was a particularly high number of other trade professionals at work.
- Managing Inventory — The store was live and functioning, meaning that we needed to carefully cover and protect inventory around our workspace.
- Overnight Work Hours — As we said above, the store was maintaining normal hours of operation during the day. Our team worked overnight, ensuring that the supermarket was ready for use when the doors opened in the morning.
- Communication — A high level of coordination requires an even higher level of communication. The field manager, foreman, our operations team, and the project manager all worked closely with each other to maximize our efficiency.
What Did Our Interior Painting Services Include?
- Prep included sanding, sealing, and skim coating over the areas where the old FRP (fiberglass-reinforced plastic) panels were taken down. This ensured a smooth, blemish-free finish.
- We sprayed out the ACT ceilings and grids (these are essentially the suspended ceiling tiles and their framework), new duct work, and hard deck ceiling.
- Applied electrostatic coatings to all of the metal cases (this eliminates the risk of potentially harmful static buildup/discharge).
- Painted all of the GWB (sheetrock) walls as well.
All aspects of the work was completed on-time, as-promised.
Contact Kaloutas for Your Commercial and Industrial Painting Needs
Contact us today to discuss your particular needs, goals, and timeline — it would be our pleasure to serve you.
Kaloutas is an ideal vendor for these needs:
- Commercial painting services
- Boston floor coatings contractors
- Industrial flooring installers
- Industrial floor contractors
- Painters for industrial facilities
- Industrial painting contractors near Boston
- Fireproofing contractors
- Epoxy flooring
- Seamless flooring
- Concrete brewery flooring
- Brewery floor systems
- Industrial cleaning contractors
- Office painting
- Urethane mortar flooring contractors
Kaloutas is New England’s premier contractor for commercial & industrial painting, flooring, and related services. Established in 1987, Kaloutas has become a trusted resource for general contractors, facilities managers, and building owners from Connecticut to Maine. Our team prides itself on high quality workmanship, jobs done on time & budget, and tackling complex projects that other contractors don’t have the experience or resources to handle. Contact us today for a painting or flooring estimate, or give us a call at 978−532−1414 to learn more.