Cleaning and Commercial Exterior Painting in Natick, MA
If you take a close look at the first few photos in the slideshow above, you’ll notice the walls of this Natick, MA property were discolored.
That’s not just tired paint, but also mold and mildew. This contributes to an overall unsightly look, and compromises the lifespan and integrity of the surfaces it grows on. In fact, even if your commercial or industrial facility isn’t in the market yet for painting services, we recommend routine pressure washing (especially in the springtime!) to help set your paint up for success.
The key to any enduring, high-quality painting project, interior or exterior, is investing the necessary time in surface preparation. This can involve repair, patching, sanding, and, of course, cleaning.
In this case, cleaning was undeniably the first priority on our to-do list.
Exterior Mold Removal, Pressure Washing, and Painting
Planning carefully around the inclement weather we had throughout this 6‑week project, we completed the following steps:
- We treated the mold and mildew with a bleach solution
- To stop any other growth, we washed the entire building with a detergent and our pressure washer
- We primed all the sections of bare concrete and CMU with a masonry primer
- To prevent any water intrusion, we caulked all of the gaps with a masonry sealant
- There were also sections of glazed brick that we needed to coat. This kind of surface can create adhesion issues — to eliminate this risk we started with a bonding primer that will stick securely and create a firm foundation for topcoats
- Next, we coated the entire building with two coats of an elastomeric waterproof coating
As a final touch, we added an accent stripe and painted the railings and exposed gas pipes with an acrylic coating.
The result is a truly beautiful transformation, with stained, discolored walls being replaced by clean, white surfaces. We provided peace of mind as well; the exterior is strong, healthy, and well-protected against the elements.
Let’s Discuss Your Boston Area Commercial Painting Project
Kaloutas is an ideal vendor for these needs:
- Boston floor coatings contractors
- Industrial flooring installers
- Industrial floor contractors
- Painters for industrial facilities
- Industrial painting contractors near Boston
- Fireproofing contractors
- Epoxy flooring
- Seamless flooring
- Concrete brewery flooring
- Brewery floor systems
- Industrial cleaning contractors
- Office painting
- Urethane mortar flooring contractors
Kaloutas is New England’s premier contractor for commercial & industrial painting, flooring, and related services. Established in 1987, Kaloutas has become a trusted resource for general contractors, facilities managers, and building owners from Connecticut to Maine. Our team prides itself on high quality workmanship, jobs done on time & budget, and tackling complex projects that other contractors don’t have the experience or resources to handle. Contact us today for a painting or flooring estimate, or give us a call at 978−532−1414 to learn more.