Why Should You Consider a Troweled Epoxy Floor System for Your Facility?
The administrators of this Holbrook school needed a flooring solution that could accomplish three things: look attractive, be easy to maintain, and be absolutely tough as nails.
After all, nothing in a K‑12 school that isn’t durable is going to last very long, right?
One floor system in particular quickly stood out as the best option to meet these critical needs: a troweled epoxy mortar floor with appropriate topcoats.
What to Know About Troweled Epoxy Floor Systems
What Is a Troweled Epoxy Mortar Floor?
This particular system involved two specialized components that came together to create a seamless epoxy coating.
Before we get any further, let’s take a look at a few of the key attributes of these phenomenal products:
- Low-Odor — Maintaining a healthy, safe environment is a priority
- Abrasion Resistance — This benefit speaks for itself, especially for a busy school building
- Stain Resistant — Spills, drips, leaks… The floor is forgiving and easy to keep clean
- Durability — Troweled epoxy is the most durable of all fluid-applied resinous floors
How Is a Trowel-Applied Epoxy Floor System Installed?
Like any quality commercial project, whether painting or flooring, it all starts with the right prep:
- First, we thoroughly cleaned the surface
- We then shot-blasted the floor to create the proper receptive profile
- Primed with an epoxy primer
- Applied the troweled epoxy mortar and topcoats
- We protected our work with Ram Board, a floor covering that allows a system to cure and be ventilated while also preserving the surface
- Close coordination with other trades at work in the space
- A total cleanup of our worksite at the end of each day
We also applied an integral, seamless, epoxy cove base. This gentle curve where floor meets wall contributes to the easy maintenance of the surface. Sharp corners collect debris and are hard to clean, becoming more and more unsanitary as time goes on.
Let’s Find Your Industrial or Commercial Flooring Solution
Contact us at Kaloutas with your questions, concerns, and flooring goals. Our experienced team will apply their industry insight and expertise, helping you to discover the ideal flooring solution to meet your functional and aesthetic needs.
Other Services Kaloutas Customers Are Searching for Include:
- exterior painting contractors central massachusetts
- concrete floors safety
- Concrete Polishing
- massachusetts painting contractors
- industrial flooring contractors
- exterior painting contractors worcester ma
- painting contractors central massachusetts
- interior painting contractors central massachusetts
- exterior industrial painter
- ipswich industrial flooring
- urethane mortar flooring contractors
Kaloutas is New England’s premier contractor for commercial & industrial painting, flooring, and related services. Established in 1987, Kaloutas has become a trusted resource for general contractors, facilities managers, and building owners from Connecticut to Maine. Our team prides itself on high quality workmanship, jobs done on time & budget, and tackling complex projects that other contractors don’t have the experience or resources to handle. Contact us today for a painting or flooring estimate, or give us a call at 978−532−1414 to learn more.