Commercial Painting and Concrete Floor Repair in Andover, MA
When it comes to the successful care and treatment of a concrete floor, you have to consider what’s under the surface just as much as the surface itself. Even the most expertly chosen and applied floor system will fail if the substrate is compromised, whether by moisture, decay, latent symptoms of damage, or another factor specific to your industrial or commercial environment.
At Kaloutas, we never apply flooring band-aids, but rather do what is necessary to ensure the total function and durability of your facility’s surfaces.
To show you what we mean, join us for a project tour of this office space renovation in Andover, MA.
How Do You Fix Holes in a Concrete Floor?
Our client requested that we lend our flooring expertise during the complete remodel of a commercial office space in Andover. As part of the update, a new tile floor was going to be laid throughout the large lobby.
Unfortunately, the concrete had deteriorated to the point where holes had broken through the substrate, creating an uneven, weak surface. Around the weakened areas there also was loose concrete that would only cause more trouble down the road.
We took the following steps to remediate the issue:
- We ground the concrete using a scarifier
- To dislodge any loose concrete, we followed the scarifying process with our chipping hammer
- With the loose material removed, we applied Super Prime acrylic primer (this bonds beautifully, and it creates a secure foundation for the coming cement)
- Finally, we installed Pro Plan LC self-leveling cement
These incremental steps, from thorough preparation to building a smooth, fresh profile, came together to create a healthy concrete surface that was ready for the new tile flooring.
Interior Commercial Painting
While the floor was the most unique aspect of this project, we also painted a variety of interior surfaces as well. These included:
- Ceilings/soffits — Benjamin Moore UltraSpec 500 Latex Flat
- Walls — Benjamin Moore UltraSpec 500 Latex Semi- Gloss
- Door/frame — Pro Industrial DTM Acyrlic SG
- Exposed Ceiling — Waterborne Acrylic Dryfall
All of the work was finished on-schedule, contributing to a fresh, completely renovated office space.
How Can We Meet Your Commercial Painting and Flooring Needs?
We encourage you to contact us at Kaloutas! It would be our pleasure to serve you, applying our solution-based approach to your unique project goals and timeline.
Other Services Kaloutas Customers Are Searching for Include:
- Commercial Painting in MA
- exterior painting contractors central massachusetts
- concrete floors safety
- massachusetts painting contractors
- industrial flooring contractors
- exterior painting contractors worcester ma
- painting contractors central massachusetts
- interior painting contractors central massachusetts
- exterior industrial painter
- ipswich industrial flooring
- urethane mortar flooring contractors
Kaloutas is New England’s premier contractor for commercial & industrial painting, flooring, and related services. Established in 1987, Kaloutas has become a trusted resource for general contractors, facilities managers, and building owners from Connecticut to Maine. Our team prides itself on high quality workmanship, jobs done on time & budget, and tackling complex projects that other contractors don’t have the experience or resources to handle. Contact us today for a painting or flooring estimate, or give us a call at 978−532−1414 to learn more.